STOP: Are you coming from Google (a year or two late)? Hey, we are still around and have tons of good current content whether you are looking for current Easter Egg Hunts, local events, or information for Greenville.
Easter may be late this year, but it’s quickly approaching on Sunday, April 20, 2014. If you wait until Easter though to start celebrating you will miss out on a ton of fun Easter events for the whole family. Greenville has several completely free (and inexpensive) Easter Egg Hunts, Bunny Breakfasts, and religious Easter Events for kids!
Update, April 19, 2014: Please check with original sources due to weather!
While I try my best to provide accurate information, remember that many of these events are weather dependent and cancellations and postponements may not be announced here. If you would like your event added, please email Bethany.Winston@gmail.com.
Breakfast with the Easter Bunny and Egg-stravaganza – April 5, 2014, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. at Haywood Mall
- From 9:00 – 10:00 a.m., families can enjoy a tasty breakfast, fun-filled activities and exciting giveaways with the Easter Bunny himself! Then, guests will hop on over to the Lower Level Belk Court from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. for an egg-citing egg hunt. (This event is for Kidgits Members which costs a $5 annual fee per child.)
Bunny Brunch – April 12, 2014, 8:30 a.m. at The Children’s Museum of the Upstate
- Join us for the 2nd annual springtime celebration, Bunny Brunch. Enjoy a breakfast buffet provided by Saffron’s Cafe, seasonal art projects, an egg hunt and meet Mr. Bunny himself! $10/member, $19/non-member child, $20/non-member adult.
St. Giles Presbyterian Church – Saturday, April 12 at 2 p.m., rain date is April 13
Caring Bunny – Sunday, April 13, 9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. in the Center Court at Haywood Mall
- Children with special needs have the opportunity to spend time with the Easter Bunny in a photo environment designed to support their sensory, physical and developmental needs. Visit http://www.simon.com/mall/haywood-mall for hours and photo package information.
Photos with the Easter Bunny – March 29 – April 19 – Center Court at Haywood Mall
Easter Tea Party – Greenville County Library – Hop on over for a special tea party and egg hunt. Bring a basket!
- Wednesday, April 16, 3:30 p.m. at Pelham Road Library (must register by calling 288-6688).
- Friday, April 18, 3:30 p.m. at Main Library (must register by calling 527-9248).
The Great Easter Bash – Saturday, April 19 – 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at Brushy Creek Baptist Church
Brushy Creek Baptist Church invites the community to campus on April 19 for a 5,000 egg hunt! This carnival-type event will have food, inflatables, a game truck, etc. Save the date. Invite your friends to join in the fun. (See event on website).
Rain Plan: Move modified event to gym.
Easter Bunny Trail Hop 5K & Easter Egg Hunt – Saturday, April 19 at Lake Conestee Nature Park (see website to register)
Easter Egg Hunt at Furman – Saturday, April 12, 10 – 11:30 a.m. - for Furman alumni, faculty, and staff only. Register online.
Easter Egg-Venture at Advent United Methodist Church, April 19, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. (egg hunt at 11 a.m.)
- Ages 1-10, egg hunt, bounce houses, face painting, and FREE hot dog lunch (website)
- Rain Plan: Move modified event to the gym.
Cancelled due to weather: The Great Egg-Venture at Heritage Park, April 19, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. sponsored by First Baptist of Simpsonville (website)
3rd Annual Egg Drop – Saturday, April 12, 2014, 1 – 5 p.m. – Sunset Park
- Free admission, 30,000 eggs dropped from the sky, preschool – 5th grade, inflatables, face painting, games and more. Rain Date: Sunday, April 13, 2014
- Schedule: 2:30 p.m. – 3rd – 5th graders, 3:30 p.m. – 1st & 2nd graders, 4:30 – preschool – K5 (arrive early because parking can take several minutes).
Easter Egg Scramble – April 19, 2014 at Tyger River Park (website)
15,000 eggs and 1,500 kids make the Easter Egg Scramble a large Upstate event.
Egg-Tastic Event – Saturday, April 12, 2014, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. at Greer’s Century Park
- Preschool through 5th grade are invited to participate in an egg hunt, over 8,000 prize filled eggs will be hidden. Event will also include inflatables, magic shows, games, crafts, face painting, and prizes. Bring your own basket or bag. Rain date is Sunday, April 13, 2014, 2 – 4 p.m. (website)
Flashlight Easter Egg Hunt – Friday, April 11, 2014, 6:30 – 9 p.m. at Gateway Park
- Hunt glowing eggs after dark. Join us for face painting, clown bounces, carnival games, and concessions. This free event is done in partnership with the Three Rivers Baptist Association. For more information visit www.threeriversba.org or call 864-834-9635. For youth ages 2 – 12.
by Marissa McFarland
Chattooga Belle Farm on Sunday April 20th 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Free Easter egg hunt with two age levels and over 2,000 hidden eggs. Other fun activities for children including crafts and be sure to RSVP for the easter buffet and easter baskets. http://www.chattoogabellefarm.com/weddings-events/easter.php
Sertoma Field in Walhalla: Easter Egg Hunt at 10 a.m..
City of Clemson’s Annual Easter Egg Hunt at Nettles Park Saturday April 19th 10 a.m.
- The egg hunt is broken down into four different age groups. All participants will receive a goodie bag.
Clemson Easter Bunny Half Marathon, 5K and Easter Egg Hunt Saturday April 19th 8 AM at South Carolina Botanical Gardens
- A crazy carrot will lead you through a scenic run around Clemson. If you spot an easter egg on your run, pick it up for a surprise at the end. At 9:30 there will be an easter Egg Hunt on the lawn in the gardens. http://www.adventuregeekproductions.com/easter-bunny-run.html
Easter Egg Dive Saturday April 19th 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.: Central-Clemson Recreation Center is hosting an Easter Egg Dive in both their pools depending on the age of the child. Find the golden egg, win a special prize. Carnival games, face painting, and more. $10 per child.
Liberty Easter Egg Hunt in at Freedom Park: April 12th (awaiting times)
Liberty Easter Egg Hunt at the football field: April 19th 10 AM – 2 PM
Liberty Easter Egg Hunt at the Sarlin Branch Library: Saturday April 12th at 11 AM. Hunt for candy filled eggs in the library.
Centerville Baptist Church in Anderson Community Egg Hunt: Saturday April 12th 2 PM. Egg hunt, inflatables and games
Concord Baptist in Anderson is hosting the annual Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday April 19th from 3 – 5 PM: Benefitting the Calvary Home for Children. It will take place at the Calvary home, with the egg hunt, inflatables, and games.
Anderson Mall’s Easter Bunny will arrive Saturday April 5th. He will be located in the court between Express and New York & Company.
Significant Events Outside the Upstate
Magical Easter Eggstravaganza at Babyland General Hospital in Cleveland, GA Saturday April 12th 10 AM. Easter bunny, Easter egg hunt, inflatables, face painting, arts and craft festival, dancing with Cabbage Patch characters, Easter bonnet contest, and more. Reservations required. http://www.babylandgeneral.com/2014/02/26th-annual-cabbage-patch-kids-magical-easter-eggstravaganza/
PEEP’S Easter Egg Hunt at Six Flags Over Georgia, April 19 – April 20, Cost: Free participation to the first 100 guests entering the park April 19th ONLY. Exit Sampling is free to all guests exiting the park while supplies last on April 19 and 20. Time: Easter Egg Hunt (4/19) 9:30 a.m. – 10 a.m.; Exit Sampling 5 p.m. – 9 p.m., Description: The weekend of April 19th & 20th, Six Flags will celebrate Easter Weekend presented by PEEPS®. There will be an Easter Egg Hunt (4/19 ONLY PRIOR TO PARK OPENING), giveaways and exit sampling. On Saturday, April 19th, there will be an Easter Egg Hunt in USA section. Peeps Brand Ambassadors will be set-up at park exit offering samples to guests during the day while supplies last. More information and tickets can be found on our website www.sixflags.com/overgeorgia.
Do you want your event added to this list? Email Bethany at firstname.lastname@example.org. Listing is free!
Be the person who always knows what’s going on!