We have missed browsing around and playing in our Greenville Libraries so much over the past several months. Along with many families in our area, we have been eagerly awaiting the re-opening of the libraries. They have now all re-opened.
Keep your kids reading over the summer with different Summer Reading Programs that are offered.
What To Expect When You Head To The Library
Curbside holds and pick-up service are still available at all library branch locations. This is in addition to exterior book returns that accept outstanding library materials.
Rules are now in place when visiting newly reopened Greenville County Libraries:
- Visitors will be required to wear a mask upon entering the building and when receiving assistance from library staff. Those without a mask will be provided one.
- Building occupancy will be limited and monitored to allow for physical distancing.
- Please maintain six feet of distance between you and other library patrons and follow directional hours.
- Please limit time in the library to an hour.
- With the health and safety of staff and the community being a high priority, all returned materials will be quarantined for a minimum of 72 hours before they are made available for use again.
- Library cardholders can expect a delay of several days before returned items are removed from their library account.
- Overdue fines have been reinstated.
While the kids areas of the libraries are all open, there are no toys or play tables or computers available. The library is asking patrons to please keep visits short at this time.
The hours of operation are:
Monday-Thursday from 10a-8p
Friday-Saturday from 10a-5p
Sunday the libraries are closed
Accessing Library Materials Through The Online Hold System
Patrons with a library card can put up to 7 items on hold via the holds online website or over the phone..
Curbside holds pickup and other library services may be modified based on the Library System’s ability to provide them in a socially distanced manner and as resources needed to help limit the spread of COVID-19 can be obtained
What books have you been eager to read during quarantine? Let us know what we should be reading in the comments!