This is a 35-minute Haunted Trail along the banks of the Tyger River in Spartanburg, SC.
Nightmare Hollow is definitely scary and there is quite a bit of blood and gore, but one reason why it makes the list of good haunted attractions for big kids and tweens is because the staff is so kind and sympathetic to the children (and parents) that are brave enough to give their attraction a try.
You can let the staff know if you want them to tone it down a bit for your child and you have a guide that can allow any member of your party to walk around a part of the attraction that might be a bit too intense.
Open Fridays & Saturdays September 22, 2023 – 21, 2023, Sunday October 22nd, 2023
Open October 27, 2023 – October 31, 2023
This is a scary attraction and we recommend waiting until children are old enough to understand that the actors are in costume and that the attractions are all staged.
- Core attractions: 30-minute trail takes you through multiple haunted attractions. These attractions are creatively set up and have a variety of actors and themes.
- Best rides for tweens: No rides
- Loud Noises: airhorns and other loud noises, lots of screaming actors
- Visibility: dark outside and periods of total blackness
- Fire/Pyrotechnics: none
- Open or enclosed (tight spaces): multiple very tight spaces
- Blood and Gore: actors had bloody costumes, several areas did have gory themes
- Surprising special effects: yes, strobe lights and some special effects that have a disorienting effect
- Quality of scare actors: Great, but actors were friendly if they noticed that children were not having fun due to being scared
Admission price: $20 Fridays, $25 Saturdays, CASH ONLY