Are you looking for a fun way to meet other moms with shared interests in the Upstate? Did you miss the Kidding Around Spartanburg & Spartanburg Parks event last fall, and want to be part of the fun the next time? Here’s your chance!
We are very excited to announce our next collaboration event with Spartanburg Parks. We invite moms in the upstate to join us on Saturday, March 30th from 3-6 for a “Mom Mixer’ event at Cleveland Park.
This “speed-dating” for moms event will allow you to be matched with moms who share your interests. There will be catered hors d’oeuvres and beverages from Holmes catering and, coffee roasted locally from Little River Roasting Company.
How does the Mom Mixer event work?
- We’ll have every participant fill out a short survey before the event.
- We’ll take those surveys and match you up with other moms that either live near you, have kids around the same age, or similar interests.
- At the event there will be scheduled blocks of time where you will rotate through a pre-selected group of moms and get to meet them. Don’t worry, we’ll provide lots of conversation starters and it will move fast.
- We’ll give you an easy way to exchange phone numbers or email addresses with potential new friends.
- There will also be time for mingling, food, and surprises.
- This is a no-networking/no-soliciting event to ensure that everyone coming is looking for friendship not sale prospects.
Our first event, the “mom’s morning out” early morning paddle, was a huge success. Our readers were able to take the morning off and enjoy a #MomEscape. So often, we find it hard as mothers to carve out some time to ourselves. It’s hard. I know. But I encourage you to do this for yourself, you’ll have fun and get a chance to recharge.
Our last event sold out very quickly! Don’t miss the opportunity to meet your new bunch of besties! Registration for the Mom Mixer is open and tickets are only $25.
We know lots of moms juggle multiple things on top of the most important job in the world. With that said, we are asking that moms please leave their business cards at home and take the afternoon off. This event is intended for moms to form friendships and bond with other moms, and not as a networking event. Solicitation of potential customers will not be allowed.
Are you planning to attend? We’ll see you there!
I hope you will have one for grandparents. I’m a frequent caregiver for my grandson and it would be nice to find other granny-nannies to meet up and have play dates with. It’s actually a little harder to meet others with little ones because we don’t have those natural situations like preschool.
Hi Suzy! We would definitely consider a grandparents event. I’m sure that there are others that would enjoy one.
I see registration is closed – assuming the event is full?