Thank you to Spartanburg Philharmonic for sponsoring this giveaway (note: giveaway over).
This performance by Spartanburg Philharmonic is the perfect way to introduce your kids to the orchestra.
Imagine the flash of light sabers as they clash together while the triumphant sound of the iconic Star Wars theme plays on. Now, are you thinking you’re at the movies? You would be wrong. You’re actually at the Spartanburg Philharmonic’s The Music of John Williams Concert.
Lightsabers at an orchestra?
Yes, you got it. The Spartanburg Philharmonic is performing the music of John Williams, from Indiana Jones, to Star Wars and Harry Potter. Better yet, they are performing it in a super kid-friendly concert where costumes, lightsabers, wands, lassos and the like are not only welcome, they are encouraged!
What could be better, you ask? We have an exclusive discount code to help you get your tickets for an even better price. Use discount code Kid20 for 20% of tickets, Sunday only.
The Music of John Williams
The Spartanburg Philharmonic will perform The Music of John Williams on April 14th and 15th at Twichell Auditorium on the beautiful campus of Converse College. The program will consist of some of John William’s most memorable music, including music from Jurassic Park, Harry Potter, Indiana Jones and Star Wars.
The Music of John Williams
Saturday, April 14th at 7pm
Sunday, April 15th at 2pm
Twichell Auditorium, Converse College
A 5 time Academy Award winner, John Williams has composed more than 100 film scores. He is known for the use of the full symphony orchestra in his scores, bringing the sounds of the symphony well beyond the concert hall and into theaters, cinemas and homes around the world.
Wear Your Costumes and Take a Selfie with Star Wars Characters
The Spartanburg Philharmonic will be selling, red, green and blue lightsabers in the lobby before the performance. They’ll be pre-loaded with fresh batteries and ready for adventure when the program begins. Yes, the lightsabers are welcome IN the auditorium, throughout the performance. Harry Potter glasses will also be available for purchase.
Bonus: Musicians will also be dressed up and Star Wars characters will be hanging out in the lobby for high-fives and pictures.
5 Tips and Tricks
- Performances are April 14 at 7 pm and April 15 at 2 pm. The 2 pm performance was added especially with the nap times of young children in mind.
- It can be hard to judge when a child is old enough to attend something like an orchestra concert. This performance will have an intermission, so children will have an opportunity to get up and stretch their legs. And due to the nature of the event, seat wiggling (and light saber dancing) is completely acceptable. So, if your child can sit for a movie, they’ll probably be just fine here.
- One little thing to think about is how your child does with costumed characters. Will he or she be frightened if they catch a glimpse of Darth Vador? Maybe a little talk about characters and costumes before you hop into the car will set your child’s mind at ease.
- Shorter children may prefer a seat in the balcony where they can get more of a birds-eye view of the performance, rather than trying to peek around the backs of heads on the bottom level. However, you should note that the auditorium does not have an elevator going to the balcony. So if stairs are a problem, you’ll need a ground floor seat.
- Please note that food and drinks are not allowed in the auditorium. If your child is thirsty you may offer them a drink in the lobby area of the auditorium.
- You can pre-order tickets online. Tickets for youth under 22 are 50% off, making tickets for youth $13-23 and adults $26-46. Groups of 10 or more can receive 10% off when booking advance. Tickets will also be available at the door.
The Giveaway – Closed
One lucky Kidding Around reader will win 4 tickets to see Spartanburg Philharmonic’s The Music of John Williams. Valid on the April 15, 2018, 2 pm performance.
This giveaway starts now and ends on April 4, 2018 at midnight.
- You must be 18 or older and live in the USA to enter this giveaway.
- You must use a valid email address to enter this giveaway.
- One entry per person per day.
- We will contact the winner via the email address provided within three  days of the giveaway ending. The winner will have three  days (72 hours) to respond via email. If the winner does not respond within the three  days (72 hours), the prize will be forfeited and another winner chosen. Directions for claiming the prize will be given via email. A valid photo ID and/or mailing address may be required.
- For a complete list of Kidding Around Greenville SC’s giveaway policies and terms and conditions, see the Kidding Around Greenville SC policy page. By entering this giveaway, you agree to comply with Kidding Around Greenville SC’s terms and conditions.
Have your kids ever attended an orchestra concert before?