Thinking about trying Urban Wren in Downtown Greenville? This Greenville restaurant consistently gets rave reviews from locals! For the second year in a row, they garnered multiple “Best Of The Best” wins locally. So we wondered, what is everyone ordering when they eat at Urban Wren? We thought you might be wondering too! So we asked Kidding Around readers what they recommend off the menu at Urban Wren.
- For more great restaurants in Greenville, SC, don’t miss our Ultimate Guide to Restaurants Near Greenville, SC!
- If you are looking for more locally sourced restaurants, check out the Kidding Around List of Restaurants That Source Ingredients Locally!
What Readers Recommend You Order To Eat At Urban Wren In Greenville, SC
Corn Dog!Maggie Laterza
The Chorizo Corndog!Jodi Peterson Monroe
Lobster Chorizo Corndogs, Waygu FlankAshley Pund
Absolutely the corn dogs! Trust us all!Kristen Sterling
- Lobster Chorizo Dogs – (3) Corn dogs served with Grapefruit Slaw and Avocado Yum Yum Sauce
- Wagyu Flank – Shoyu marinated beef, cast iron pork sung potatoes, farm hibachi, Glace
The Brussel Sprouts will change your life. You HAVE to get them.Deanna Dorsy
The Brussels Sprouts. They are amazing!Leslie Clayton Rodwell
- Brussels Sprouts – served with pickled baby onion bulbs, orange blossom honey, goat lady chevre, green swipe, toasted sunflower seeds
! Everything is amazing! Highly reccomend the duck!Megan Fastzkie Carter
- Aji Amarillo Duck Peruvian marinated duck breast entree – served with sweet potato dinner doughnut, pickled slaw, and Aji Amarillo sauce
I have loved anything off the menu… I like to get the small plates and share to try more thingsRosa Looney Snaric
- Urban wren offers over a dozen different small plate menu items that range from salads to short ribs
The short rib and mouth punch noodles are also amazing!Megan Wallace
- Rye Whiskey Beef Short Rib – Silverqueen whip, ginger candied roots, carbonized onions, herbs, and citrus
- Mouth Punch Noodles – vermicelli rice noodles, toasted peanuts, Thai basil, shiso, scallion, chili sauce
We just ate there the other night. Was so good! We got the salad in a bag, Brussel sprouts, waygu short ribs, the semolina dumplings, one big ravioli, & waygu flank steak. And of course the chocolate bomb for dessert!! Was fantastic!Dee Dee Cobble Miller
- Semolina Dumplings filled with smoked gouda and mascarpone cheese, sweet pepper-tomato fondue, caramelized fennel
- One Big Ravioli filled with pancetta braised pork shoulder, aged balsamic cured tomatoes, cuquillo olives, black kale
I thought the salad in the paper bag was amazing.Lynda Vedders
- Paper Bag Salad green mango, napa cabbage, watercress, crispy rice paper, bo kho jerky, farm eggs, chilies, tamarind vinaigrette, crispy shallots
Duck, poke, Brussels Sprouts, and the fin and belly are all amazing!Michael Carter
- Undercover Poke – ahi tuna, purple mint aioli, avocado mousse, charred scallion, chili-mirin cold brew, crispy rice paper
- Fin and Belly – lightly grilled tuna, red pork belly, blistered edamame and Montgomery Sky greens, pickled chilies, plum radish, hot and sour tamarind broth
It’s all fabulous! You really can’t go wrong! Brussel sprouts, short ribs, and dumplings are my favs!!!Emily Hearon Scurry
Everything! It’s all amazing!Laura Ann
The empanadas!!Jessica McCourry
- Empanadas – filled with wagyu grind, yellow chili aioli, sofrito relish
Love the provoleta and peaches (warm gooey deliciousness in a cast iron skillet), empanadas and grilled chicken with burnt ends.Wendy Thacker
- Provoleta and Peaches cast iron melt, byway peach marmalade, basil churri, grilled bread
What Readers Recommend You Order From The Bar At Urban Wren In Greenville, SC
Urban Wren has an extensive wine list, and a great selection of cocktails! It’s even got it’s own Instagram page! Urban Wren offers a Happy Hour, Tuesday – Friday from 5pm – 7pm. Guests get half off the price of cocktails, beer, and spirits during Happy Hour.
The Peach spritzer cocktailJessica Gower
Check out their Top shelf bourbonJay Mac
116 N. Markley Street Suite 102, Greenville | 864-558-7863
- Tuesday – Thursday | 5pm – 10pm
- Friday & Saturday | 5pm – 11pm
Montgomery Sky Farm in Leicester, NC
Urban Wren Executive Chef Taylor Montgomery is keeping a secret tucked away in the mountains of Western North Carolina!
He and his wife reside on a 100-year-old homestead in North Carolina, surrounded by Highland Cattle, and other rescued animals that you can visit during farm tour events.
The Montgomery Sky Farm also serves as a source of inspiration and ingredients for the items you see on the menu at Urban Wren, like the greens used in the Fin and Belly dish.
What is your favorite thing on the menu at Urban Wren?