Thinking about trying Urban Wren in Downtown Greenville? This Greenville restaurant consistently gets rave reviews from locals! For multiple years in a row, they garnered multiple “Best Of The Best” wins locally. So we wondered, what is everyone ordering when they eat at Urban Wren? We thought you might be wondering too. So we asked Kidding Around readers what they recommend off the menu at Urban Wren.
The menu changes frequently, so be sure to check the Urban Wren website for updated menu options.
What Readers Recommend You Order To Eat At Urban Wren In Greenville, SC
Urban Wren has a wide variety of dishes and cocktails that will make any dinner guest excited to dine there! Many of their dishes come in small plate options so that you can order many distinct dishes to share among your group or with your significant other.
Some popular items include Charcuterie, Chicken and Burnt Ends, Fin and Belly, and something sweet from their dessert menu. We recommend the Wren’s Nest for dessert, which is funnel-dipped local strawberries, couverture chocolate sauce, caramel drizzle, and beignet dust. Yum!
Brussel Sprouts Done Right
- Brussels Sprouts – This highly recommended dish is served with pickled baby onion bulbs, orange blossom honey, goat lady chevre, green swipe, toasted sunflower seeds
The Brussel Sprouts will change your life. You HAVE to get them.Deanna Dorsy
The Brussels Sprouts. They are amazing!Leslie Clayton Rodwell
Small Plate Items for Sharing
- There are over a dozen different small plate menu items that allow you to share more delicious dishes with your group.
I have loved anything off the menu… I like to get the small plates and share to try more thingsRosa Looney Snaric
The Paper Bag Salad is Beloved by Many
- Paper Bag Salad green mango, napa cabbage, watercress, crispy rice paper, bo kho jerky, farm eggs, chilies, tamarind vinaigrette, crispy shallots
I thought the salad in the paper bag was amazing.Lynda Vedders
Recommended Seafood Dishes at Urban Wren
- Undercover Poke – ahi tuna, purple mint aioli, avocado mousse, charred scallion, chili-mirin cold brew, crispy rice paper
- Fin and Belly – lightly grilled tuna, red pork belly, blistered edamame and Montgomery Sky greens, pickled chilies, plum radish, hot and sour tamarind broth
…[Undercover] Poke, Brussels Sprouts, and the fin and belly are all amazing!Michael Carter
Everything! It’s all amazing!Laura Ann
What Readers Recommend You Order From The Bar At Urban Wren In Greenville, SC
Urban Wren has an extensive wine selection and a great selection of cocktails! Urban Wren offers a Happy Hour, Tuesday – Saturday from 5 pm – 7 pm.
Guests get half off the price of spirits and beer, and there are some wonderful deals on cocktails for $10, $5 select red and white wine, and $2 off a 6 oz glass of wine.
The Total Betty is something fruity and yummyKatie Ellenburg
Check out their Top shelf bourbonJay Mac
116 N. Markley Street Suite 102, Greenville | 864-558-7863
- Tuesday – Thursday | 5pm – 9pm
- Friday & Saturday | 5pm – 10 pm
Montgomery Sky Farm in Leicester, NC
Urban Wren Executive Chef Taylor Montgomery is keeping a secret tucked away in the mountains of Western North Carolina!
He and his wife reside on a 100-year-old homestead in North Carolina, surrounded by Highland Cattle, and other rescued animals that you can visit during farm tour events.
The Montgomery Sky Farm also serves as a source of inspiration and ingredients for the items you see on the menu at Urban Wren, like the greens used in the Fin and Belly dish.
What is your favorite thing on the menu at Urban Wren?
For more great restaurants in Greenville, SC, don’t miss our Ultimate Guide to Restaurants Near Greenville, SC!
If you are looking for more locally sourced restaurants, check out the Kidding Around List of Restaurants That Source Ingredients Locally!