864.688.9753 7 Shannon Drive, Greenville, SC
Mosaic offers artistic, academic, and cultural programs for students whose second language is English. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we now provide food-relief and all-day virtual school.
Approved for CARES Act Funding
Program Hours: 7:30 – 2:30
Ages: 2nd grade – HS
Academic Support Offered: “Current Mosaic staff – one has and Education degree from Furman, one has a Music & education degree from The University of The Arts, one is bilingual in Spanish and English with a Biology & Public health degree from Furman”
Bilingual Support for Spanish Speaking Families: Yes
Health and safety Covid-19 policies:
- Staff and children’s temperatures will be taken when they arrive each day, as well as a health questionnaire. They will then wash their hands
- Children will not be permitted to stay if they have a temperature of 100.4 or above
- No one is allowed on site other than children and staff. Parents stay in car during drop off and pick up
- Staff and children’s Temperatures will be taken again at lunch, snack, and recess. Hands will be washed hourly.
- If a child should spike a fever greater than 100.4 during the day, a parent will be called and must pick up within 30 minutes
- If a child or staff member is sent home due to a fever, they must be fever free for 3 days and not have any respiratory symptoms. They must quarantine for at least 10 days since symptoms began. They can return sooner if cleared by a medical doctor in writing.
- Students will be separated into classrooms by families (this includes cousins or neighbors that are in daily contact with each other at home) so we are not sharing germs.
- Masks will be required for staff at all times. Masks will be required for students as much as possible, especially in the hallway, bathroom, etc. If all students in a classroom are from the same family, they can take their masks off in their classrooms. Masks will be placed inside of provided, individually labeled baskets
- Breakfast, lunch, and snack will be eaten outside as much as possible – hand washing before and after. No sharing of food. Students are responsible for throwing their own trash away and cleaning their eating area.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the building
- Staff will disinfect periodically throughout the day (specifically, high-touch areas), and a deep cleaning after students leave
- If a student tests positive, all those in close contact will quarantine for 14 days. Students can return once they receive medical clearance
- If a staff member tests positive, program will close for 14 days
- Staff will receive additional training on covid-19 protocols, guidelines, etc.
***COVID-19 7:30 – 2:30 cost, $50/week per family (scholarships and sliding scale offered)
***Typical Program: $60/month per family (scholarships and sliding scale offered)