Are you looking for day trips near Greenville, SC? You have found our official Kidding Around Day Trip Headquarters! We have compiled our ever-expansive list of day trip offerings to one page, where you can easily find your desired trip, fuel your wanderlust, and still have the kiddos back by bedtime! Happy adventuring!
Where Would You Like to Take A Day Trip?
South Carolina Day Trips: Day Trips Near Greenville, SC
Looking for a day trip in South Carolina? Start with our South Carolina Day Trips list or view all our SC day trip content by city below!
Check out our South Carolina Day Trip Guide for adventures close to home!
Day Trip Towns Near the SC Upstate and the Surrounding Areas
To get you started, try this list of Easy Day Trip Towns. If you just want to explore a town, grab some coffee, maybe visit a park, or do some light hiking, this is the list for you. Check out these day trip-worthy towns near South Carolina’s Upstate area.
These Easy Day Trip Towns are just what you need for a day of checking out Upstate, SC.
Upstate, SC Day Trips: Day Trips Near Greenville, SC
These Upstate, SC day trip destinations are all very close to Greenville, SC. Getting your day trip feet wet with getting out and about with the kids? Or even scarier…first time AWAY from the kids! Baby steps are where it’s at. Stay close to home with these great nearby options that are easy to get to, and you can be back by nap time! We have local ideas like Table Rock State Park or the South Carolina Botanical Garden, in addition to places that are only a 45 minute drive from Greenville.
- Greer, SC: The Ultimate Visitors and Locals Guide To Greer, SC
- Landrum, SC: Discover Fabulous Food and Things to Do When You Spend the Day in Landrum, SC
- Pickens, SC: Spend A Fabulous Day In Pickens County, SC
- Simpsonville, SC: Spend The Day In Simpsonville, SC
- Travelers Rest, SC: Day Trip to Travelers Rest, SC: Things to Do, Where to Eat and Everything Fabulous About TR
- Newberry, SC: Historic Newberry, SC: “Most Charming Small Town”
- Rock Hill, SC: Sunshine On A Cloudy Day! Sunflower Fields At Daper Wildlife Area Just South Of Rock Hill
- York County: Visit York County
- York County: SouthTown Wake Park in York
- York County: Spending The Day At Anne Springs Close Greenway in York County
Columbia, SC Day Trips
Home of the Riverbanks Zoo, State Capitol Building, the natural beauty of Lake Murray, the Columbia Museum of Art, and Edventure (and all of the other great spring break day trips you’ve ever wanted to try, but didn’t have the time)! It is considered the largest city in SC, and has so much to offer. A quick hour and a half drive down the interstate, Columbia has it all within your reach!
Eudora Farms Wildlife Safari near Columbia, SC
Charleston, SC Day Trips
Charleston is one of the most popular day trips near Greenville, SC. The lovely low country…home to beautiful historic downtown Charleston for the grown-ups, and so many awesome options for the kids! The South Carolina Aquarium, Children’s Museum, and the beaches make this dreamy destination a hit any time of year. Here’s our Travel Guide to Charleston: Where To Stay, Eat, And Play! so you don’t miss any of the fun. Or, check out some of these favorite places in Charleston, SC to spend the day.
- The South Carolina Aquarium In Charleston, SC
- Fun At Folly Beach!
- Visiting Isle of Palms
- Boneyard Beach
- Floating Obstacle Course At Charleston Aqua Park
- Learn About Ghosts At The Haunted Harbor Tour
- Charleston Sites To Visit In Honor Of Black History Month
- Money Saving In Mount Pleasant
- The Old Exchange
North Carolina Day Trips: Day Trips Near Greenville, SC
Western North Carolina Day Trips
Venturing a little further? You need to check out our Western North Carolina Day Trip Guide! The mountain views are SO stunning…especially if you plan a trip in the fall! Peep those leaves on the Blue Ridge Parkway while you’re at it!
This trip is one of our reader favorites! You do not want to miss this Driving Tour: Stunning Waterfalls in NC That Involve No Hiking that are nestled in the blue ridge mountains throughout SC and NC.
But WNC is a great place for a day trip any time of year. Don’t miss the “Secret Season” in Western North Carolina for Budget-Friendly Family Adventures
Here are some destinations that make great day trips in the Western North Carolina area:
Day Trips in Asheville, NC:
- Guide to Asheville, NC: Things to Do and Where to Eat
- Your Guide to The Biltmore: 10 Things You Must Do
- Braving The Biltmore With Kids
- Mountain Play Lodge
- North Carolina Arboretum
- Snow Tubing At Wolf Ridge
- Western North Carolina Nature Center
- Zen Tubing: Float Down The French Broad River
Brevard, NC Day Trip Ideas:
- A Little Bit of Heaven in Pisgah Forest at Pilot Cove
- Beauty In Brevard, NC
- Hike With Llamas at Earthshine Lodge
- Tubing on Davidson River In Brevard
Day Trips in Cashiers, NC:
Flat Rock, NC Day Trips:
Things to Do in Hendersonville, NC:
Visit Linville, NC:
Charlotte, NC Area Day Trips
A little over an hour and a half from the Upstate, Charlotte is the perfect day trip destination. The charming city is lively, with a fun downtown area equipped with great restaurants and shopping! Added bonus: there is no shortage of activities in the Queen City for both adults and kiddos alike! Check out our list below:
- The Ultimate Guide To Fun With Kids In The Queen City: Charlotte, NC
- Great Things To Do In Gastonia, NC
- Hang Out With Raptors At The Carolina Raptor Center
- 10 Things To Do With Kids In Concord
- Check Out Portal Charlotte for an Immersive Art Experience
Georgia Day Trips
World of Coca Cola, The Atlanta Zoo, The Georgia Aquarium, Stone Mountain, Fernbank, the World Series Champs, the list goes on! Is there anything Atlanta doesn’t have? We have even included surrounding suburban and North Georgia areas that are jam-packed with options to make your day trip just peachy!
- 10+ Fun Things To Do With Kids In Alpharetta
- Atlanta’s Lego Land Is a Must See!
- Atlanta: Educational Sites For Learning The Black History Of Atlanta
- Blairsville , GA Day Trip
- Decatur, GA Day Trip
- The Dillard House
- Dunwoody, GA: A Hidden Gem
- The Georgia Aquarium
- Helen, GA Day Trip
- Lions & Tigers & Bears, Oh My! Welcome to Zoo Atlanta
- Six Flags Over Georgia
- Unicoi State Park
- World Of Coca Cola
Tennessee Day Trips
Chattanooga, Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, the Queen of Country’s Dollywood, and The Great Smokies…let’s just say that Tennessee is a must-see!
Check out our KA Travel Guide to Tennessee, with reviews, things to do, and lodging information for some of the top cities in Eastern Tennessee.
- Chattanooga Zoo
- Kidding Around Rock City
- Kidding Around The Tennessee Aquarium in Chattanooga
- Ultimate Guide To Chattanooga, TN
Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge & Sevierville, TN
- Dreamy Dollywood
- Gatlinburg Safari Tent Trip
- The Guinness World Records Museum
- Mirror Maze In Gatlinburg
- Bucket List: Walk The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In North America
- Ultimate Guide To Gatlinburg And Pigeon Forge
- Walk Under Sharks At Ripley’s Aquarium Of The Smokies
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- White Water Rafting In The Smokies
- Wild Bear Falls Water Park
- Wilderness At The Smokies in Sevierville
Educational Day Trips
Learn On The Road Any Day, Any Time!
Check out these awesome educational day trip ideas near Upstate, SC that are great for kiddos who are not yet in school, and perfect for our homeschooling families! We’ve compiled great options throughout Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Tennessee!
These Educational Day Trips Near Greenville, SC are both fun and a great opportunity for learning something new.
- 10 Ways To Have Fun With The Family Without Breaking the Bank
- Zoos, Nature Centers And Aquariums Within 2.5 Hours From Greenville
- Educational Adventures All Over The Carolinas
- South Carolina Central: This Statewide Guide Has A Little Bit Of Everything!
- Homeschool Days At Dollywood
- Easy Day Trips From The Upstate: SC, NC, And GA
- Elk At The Oconaluftee Visitor Center in Cherokee, NC
- Fishy Fun At Walhalla Fish Hatchery
- Top 10 Terrific Day Trips For Teens
- Holmes Educational State Forest: Check Out This Living Outdoor Classroom in Hendersonville, NC!
- Educational Trip To Charleston, SC
- SC State Parks
- North Carolina Arboretum
- Schiele Museum of Natural History In Gastonia, NC
- History Lesson: Explore The Revolutionary War In Camden, SC
Educational Adventures Near Greenville, SC
Oconaluftee Visitor Center in Cherokee, NC
North Carolina Arboretum near Asheville, NC
Day Trips By The Seasons: Day Trips Near Greenville, SC
Winter Day Trips
Brrr! Baby, it’s cold outside! Enjoy the great outdoors and discover the magic in the mountains!
- Places to Ski and Snowboard Near Greenville, SC
- Appalachian Ski Mountain In Blowing Rock
- Beech Mountain, NC
- Cozy Winter Vacation Rentals
- Black Bear Snow Tubing in Hendersonville, NC
- Snow Tubing in Sapphire Valley, NC
- Moonshine Mountain in Hendersonville, NC
- Amazing Winter Hikes Near Greenville, SC
Spring Day Trips
Spring has sprung, and what better time to get outside?! Check out these 26+ Fun Spring Day Trips full of all the best picnic, hiking, and gardens throughout the Carolinas!
- Spend a Day at Anne Springs Close Greenway In York
- 13 Spring Break Trip Ideas!
- Flowering Bridge at Lake Lure
- Flower Farms near Greenville, SC
Summer Day Trips
Summer, Summer, Summertime! The summer is a state of mind, so when all else fails…take a little vacay! Here’s our HUGE list of Awesome Summer Day Trips from Greenville, SC to get you started. Or, check out some of these favorites:
- 13 Sandy Beaches In The Mountains That Are Perfect For Summer
- Lake Lure
- Lake Jocassee
- Turn Your Date Night Into A Date Day Trip! Greenville, Columbia, Charlotte, Asheville, And More!
- Canoe at Congaree National Park
- Cool River Tubing In Helen, GA
- Sapphire Valley Waterfalls In Cashiers, NC
- Tube All Day For Less Than $30! Deep Creek In Bryson City, NC
- Midnight Hole Lagoon In NC
- Best Beaches In South Carolina
Fall Day Trips
Happy Fall, Y’all! For so many of us, this begins our favorite time of the year! Between apple picking, pumpkin patches, farm trips and the cooler temps, we’re big fans of fall because it is a truly happy time of year to venture out and about! Our Fall Day Trip Guide is full of great ideas. Or, just pick one of these fall favorites.
Holiday Day Trips Near Greenville, SC
‘Tis the Season for holiday day trip guides! From the start of Spooky Season all the way to Christmas, it truly is the most wonderful time of the year!
Boo! Our spooky day trips will put a spell on you! Click below to see why we’re so glad we live in a world where there are Octobers, because this post includes all of the happy hauntings that the Carolinas have to offer!
Christmas in the Carolinas and Beyond! Click below for all of the merriment you can muster while you make memories in Western North Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia and the Upstate of South Carolina.
- Annual Christmas Parade In Cashiers, NC
- Holiday Day Trips From The Upstate
- Dreamy Light Display In Asheville
- Christmas At The Biltmore
- Shadrack’s Christmas Wonderland Light Display At Tryon International Equestrian Center
- Christmas Celebration At Stone Mountain, GA
- Head to The North Pole On The Polar Express in Spencer, NC
- Great Smoky Mountain Railroad Polar Express
- Charlotte Motor Speedway Christmas Lights
- Winterfest In Pigeon Forge