Are you curious about the work undertaken behind the scenes to help create a safe school campus? Greenville’s First Presbyterian Academy gives us a glimpse of what they have done and will continue to do throughout the school year to keep students healthy while they hit the books.
The halls of First Presbyterian Academy (FPA) are ringing with the excitement of students starting a new school year. Greeting old friends and making new ones is a common practice in the first few weeks of being back in the classrooms.
At the beginning of every school year, teachers often ask students to write a paper on “How I Spent My Summer Vacation.” Summer was a time of preparation at FPA and the summer “to-do list” was a lengthy one! Here are just a few of the tasks accomplished to prepare to open the school:
- Classrooms and common gathering spaces were deep cleaned.
- The MERV 13 filters throughout the school were changed.
- The ventilation system was checked in every building. All buildings have cross ventilation in the ceilings and throughout the buildings.
- Air and heating systems were checked and repaired as needed.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers in each building were refilled.
- Lunchrooms were updated, cleaned, and sanitized.
- Social distancing reminders have been provided for our teachers in all classrooms.
- Soap dispensers have been refilled for the coming year.
The FPA Pandemic Plan is very similar to how the campus operated in 2020. Students are not gathering for chapel or any large group settings. Parents and visitors are not being allowed in the buildings as well. Teachers are reminding students to wash their hands frequently. Water fountains are turned off and students are encouraged to bring their own water bottles from home.
The school requests the following of its student body:
- Carry a personal water bottle at all times.
- Carry a personal bottle of hand sanitizer.
- Carry a mask in your backpack at all times.
- Social distance in the hallways, classrooms, and common areas.
- Wash your hands frequently.
FPA teachers are diligent in the following:
- Social distance students in classrooms.
- Monitor students social distancing in the hallways in between classes.
- Remind students of social distancing in common areas, gathering spaces, and hallways.
- Remind students to wash hands frequently.
- Wipe down desks, tables, and technology in between classes/use.
- Daily cleaning also includes the spraying of the rooms with an anti-viral spray in the evenings.
The entire faculty and staff will be vigilant as they move cautiously through the 2021 – 2022 school year and make every effort to keep their Crusaders safe and healthy.
FPA’s VISION: The school IGNITES a passion for excellence in learning and INFUSES God’s Word as a lens for learning, so our students may grow to IMPACT the world for Jesus Christ.
FPA’s MISSION: FPA is a Christian community dedicated to providing a premier college-preparatory education, grounded in a Biblical worldview, which develops character in students from varied backgrounds for a lifetime of learning and service.
Inquire today at www.firstpresacademy.com.
K2, K3, K4, K5 & K6
200 W. Washington Street
Greenville, SC 29601
Shannon Forest Campus
K3 – 12th Grade
829 Garlington Road
Greenville, SC 29615
Have you visited one of the First Presbyterian Academy campuses? What do you want to know about their Pandemic Plan?