Looking for a food pantry or food bank in Greenville, SC? Many families in the upstate are finding themselves jobless or with reduced employment hours. Fortunately, there are many churches, groups, food banks, and community organizations offering assistance. We’re collecting information about those places here to help our readers. If you know of someone offering assistance, please let us know!
Local Food Banks
- Harvest Hope Food Banks: 2818 White Horse Rd, Greenville, SC, with many Harvest Hope locations throughout SC
- Greer Community Ministries: 738 S. Line St, Greer, SC
- Greer Relief: 202 Victoria St, Greer, SC
- Foothills Family Resources: 3 Main St, Marietta, SC
- Highland Food Mission: 3270 Highway 414, Taylors, 864.895.5270
- Mountain Grove Baptist Church: 99 McKinney Road, Travelers Rest
- Upstate Food Not Bombs: Mondays at 12:30 pm, they set up at 2203 Old Buncombe Rd. Greenville, SC 29609 or look for their mobile unit!
There are many more local food banks on the Need Help Paying Bills site.
Food Pantry Maps
If you are fortunate enough to be in a position to help your community, these maps can provide you with locations near you where you can donate
Greenville County Services Map
Greenville County maintains this map of community services, which includes a layer for food pantries. where people can receive assistance throughout the year. Use the arrow at the left side of the map to view the layers and select “food pantry.”
Ten At The Top Upstate Food Access Map
Ten At The Top created this interactive map, providing the locations of places where people can receive assistance during the summer. The map includes numerous local food banks.
Kids’ Lunch and Breakfast Assistance
See our article on summer lunch and breakfast assistance in Greenville and Spartanburg.
The annual Summer Food Service Program, part of a national initiative to address childhood food insecurity by making sure children who take part in the free lunch program during the school year continue to have access to nutritious meals during the summer. Not just low-income children are included. Any child (18 and under) living in a district near a title 1 school is eligible for the program. Info for the locations near you can be obtained by texting the word FOOD to 877-877 or by calling 1-866-3-HUNGRY.
Additional Organizations Offering Assistance
United Way of Greenville coordinates a variety of community resources, including utility assistance. Dial 2.1.1 to reach a specialist at the Greenville County Resource Line. The phone line is active 24/7.