Wondering about Simpsonville Christmas events and holiday happenings? You’ve come to the right place. KAG contributor Kristina Hernandez has all the information about holiday activities, shopping, events, and celebrations during the holiday season in Simpsonville, South Carolina!
Just outside Greenville about 20 minutes away is the town of Simpsonville, with a vibrant downtown that runs alongside railroad tracks with small businesses that are frequented by locals and visitors alike. The Ice Cream Station is a favorite year-round to satisfy the sweet tooth. A Slice of Brooklyn makes even the most homesick New Yorker happy. And Carolina Olive Oil and The Exchange Co. serve unique and local goods.
But when Christmas comes, Simpsonville becomes just a bit more magical. If you’re looking to enjoy the town because you happen to live there or are just looking to expand your horizons beyond Greenville, this is the place to go. Here are all the great things to do when spending the holidays in Simpsonville.
Holiday Fun: Simpsonville Christmas Events
Simpsonville Tree Lighting
You won’t want to miss the Simpsonville Tree Lighting Ceremony on December 7, 2023 from 6:30 pm at City Hall. This event features the lighting of a 22.5-foot Christmas tree, a sing-along with Christmas melodies, hot chocolate and cookies, and a letter to Santa station!
Breakfast With Santa
This event sells out fast, so get your tickets for a delicious Breakfast with Santa on December 2nd, 2023 from 8:30 am to 10:30 am. You must purchase tickets directly from the Simpsonville Activity & Senior Center. Ages 2 and under are free, ages 3 – 12 are $5, and ages 13 and older are $10 per person.
Simpsonville Christmas Parade
The Annual Simpsonville Christmas Parade is a huge event in town. It happens this year on Sunday, December 3rd, 2023 at 3 pm. This year’s theme is “Christmas Through the Decades”!
Christmas Lights in Simpsonville for 2023
Nights of Lights at Heritage Park:
Take a walk through one of the best Heritage Park Christmas events, Nights of Lights at Heritage Park, from November 20th, 2023 – December 31st, 2023. There will be ice skating, a petting zoo, animal rides, carnival rides, and photos with Santa! You can visit Sunday – Thursday from 5 pm – 10 pm. Friday and Saturday hours are 5 pm – 11 pm. If you bring canned goods on Monday – Tuesday, you can gain free admission. Senior citizens, military members first responders, and teachers can can free admission on certain dates. Ages 5 and under are free, and tickets start at $8 – $12 per person.
Residential Christmas Lights to Check Out
- Christmas on Kwikaway (6 Kwikaway Court, Simpsonville) 2023 lights plan to be opening Thanksgiving night at 6 pm.
- Both Gilder Creek and Hollington subdivisions in Simpsonville have been known for great Christmas light displays if you want to drive around with some popcorn and check out the lights.
Christmas and Holiday Events in Simpsonville, SC
Simpsonville Downtown Shopping
Don’t forget to stroll downtown for some Christmas gift shopping or just to enjoy some window shopping.
- Holiday Things to Do in Greenville, SC
- Holiday Things to Do in Spartanburg, SC
- Free Things to Do at Christmas in Greenville
- Free Holiday Things to Do in Spartanburg
- Our Driving Routes of Upstate, SC Christmas Light Displays
- Christmas Light Displays Near Greenville, Spartanburg and the Upstate
- Best Christmas Tree Farms Near Greenville
- Santa Sightings In The Upstate
- Parades Near Greenville SC
- Live Nativities Near Greenville
What’s your favorite thing to do during the holidays in Simpsonville?