Wondering about holiday things to do in Simpsonville this season? You’ve come to the right place. KAG contributor Kristina Hernandez has all the information about holiday activities, shopping, events and celebrations this season in Simpsonville.
Just outside Greenville about 20 minutes away is the town of Simpsonville, with a vibrant downtown that runs alongside railroad tracks with small businesses that are frequented by locals and visitors alike. The Ice Cream Station is a favorite year-round to satisfy the sweet tooth. A Slice of Brooklyn makes even the most homesick New Yorker happy. And Carolina Olive Oil and The Exchange Co. serve unique and local goods.
But when Christmas comes, Simpsonville becomes just a bit more magical. If you’re looking to enjoy the town because you happen to live there or are just looking to expand your horizons beyond Greenville, this is the place to go. Here are all the great things to do when spending the holidays in Simpsonville.
Holiday Fun for the Family in Simpsonville
Simpsonville Tree Lighting
You won’t want to miss the Simpsonville Tree Lighting Ceremony on December 1, 2022 from 6 pm at City Hall. This event is featuring a children’s choir singing carols, reading the nativity story, hot cocoa and cookies, and lighting a 22-foot tree with a 5-foot nativity star.
Simpsonville Christmas Parade
The Annual Simpsonville Christmas Parade is a huge event in town. It happens this year on Sunday, December 4th, 2022 at 3 pm. This year’s theme is “Sounds of the Season!”
Christmas at Heritage Park
If your kid loves trains, Christmas at Heritage Park is where they need to go. The celebration happens the first three weekends of December – December 2-4, 9-11, and 16-18, 2022 – from 5:30-8:30 pm and features train rides on the Heritage Park Railways. Hot chocolate will be available and Santa will be there for photos. Train rides are $5/person, free for kids ages 2 and under. Cash only.
Christmas Lights in Simpsonville for 2022
- Christmas on Kwikaway (6 Kwikaway Court, Simpsonville) 2022 lights plan to be opening Thanksgiving night at 6 pm.
- Both Gilder Creek and Hollington subdivisions in Simpsonville have been known for great Christmas light displays if you want to drive around with some popcorn and check out the lights.
Christmas and Holiday Events in Simpsonville, SC
Simpsonville Downtown Shopping
Don’t forget to stroll downtown for some Christmas gift shopping or just to enjoy some window shopping.
- Holiday Things to Do in Greenville, SC
- Holiday Things to Do in Spartanburg, SC
- Free Things to Do at Christmas in Greenville
- Free Holiday Things to Do in Spartanburg
- Our Driving Routes of Upstate, SC Christmas Light Displays
- Christmas Light Displays Near Greenville, Spartanburg and the Upstate
- Best Christmas Tree Farms Near Greenville
- Santa Sightings In The Upstate
- Parades Near Greenville SC
- Live Nativities Near Greenville
What’s your favorite thing to do during the holidays in Simpsonville?