Planning your summer in Greenville? As the weather heats up our thoughts turn to summer. Summertime in Greenville, SC is full of swimming holes to discover, day trips to enjoy, ice cream cones, waterslides, and outdoor events.
In this summer guide, you’ll find places where you can swim, wade, and creek stomp in Greenville, SC! We also have our best frozen treat recommendations so you can find that perfect ice cream cone and stellar milkshake. You’ll also find free and cheap things to do, plus movies, summer camps, and date nights.
We’ll be updating all summer long, so bookmark this page and check back for more summertime fun opportunities.
Summer fun, things to do in Upstate, SC:
Summer Day Trips from Greenville, SC
Staycation in Greenville
Places to Cool Off Near Greenville, SC
Summer’s Frozen Treats in Greenville, SC
Outdoor Spaces and Parks in Greenville, SC
Free Things to Do in the Summer in Greenville, SC
Summer Camps in Greenville, SC
Plan a Summer Date Night in Greenville, SC
Beaches Near Greenville, SC
Summer Day Trips From Greenville
Check out this extremely packed list of day trips from Greenville that are perfect for summer! There is something for everyone on our list from the adventurous to those seeking a bit more relaxation. Go tubing down the river, search out a waterfall, relax on a mountain beach, go river snorkeling, ride a horse, visit a historical site, pet some goats. We have the details you need for all these day trips, plus a whole lot more. Your summer will not be boring with this day trip list!
Staycation in Greenville
Staying in Greenville this summer? Take that vacation right at home with these staycation ideas and things to do in Greenville. We have budget-friendly ideas and lots of fun for a vacation right here in Greenville. Save money on gas and overnight lodging by staying in Greenville.
Cool Off This Summer in Greenville
Places Where You Can Swim in Greenville
Looking for a place to cool off this summer? Swimming pools, water parks, rivers, creeks, swimming holes, we have information about all of these places to help you pick the right spot for your family. Find everything you need in this list of places that are open to swim in Greenville, SC! Or, try some Creek Stomping in the Upstate!
Looking for a beach? Try these Mountain Beaches in the Upstate. They are all within 2 hours of Greenville.
If boating is more your thing, here’s where you can rent boats near Greenville, SC or check out this list of fabulous places to kayak near Greenville.
You can tube down several area rivers, a perfect idea for a hot day – here’s the big list.
Ice Cream, Milkshakes and Snow Cones in Greenville
Summer is the perfect time to grab a sweet frozen treat in Greenville.
- Ice Cream is a summertime favorite and our readers have some pretty strong opinions about who has the Best Ice Cream in Greenville.
- Who has the Best Milkshakes in Greenville? Check out what our readers have to say.
- Snow cones and shaved ice are another tasty treat perfect for the summertime. Use this list of Snow Cones in Greenville to help you find the perfect treat.
Outdoor Spaces and Parks in Greenville
- Park Hop 2023 starts May 13th. Join this fun park scavenger hunt and win prizes!
- Discover new parks and locate parks with the amenities, playground features and location you want with our Greenville Park Guide.
- Visit a local South Carolina State Park! Find reviews of South Carolina State Parks in the Upstate and choose the perfect park for your family.
- If hiking is your thing, here’s our Guide to Hiking Near Greenville, SC. Find the perfect hiking trails for your crew!
- Biking? Here are paved trails for biking near Greenville plus trails and parks where you can go mountain biking.
Fun for Cheap
Looking for FREE or inexpensive things to do this summer in Greenville and the Upstate?
- Bowl for free with the Kids Bowl Free program.
- Visit a Greenville area farm or farmers’ market and get local produce, meat, dairy, and more!
- Hike Through a Revolutionary War Battlefield at Musgrove Mill State Historic Site and then cool off by dipping your toes in the water at the Horseshoe Falls.
- Learn about Upstate Textile Mill History at these Upstate Historic Textile Mill Sites
- Explore Stumphouse Tunnel
- Summer Reading programs are a great way to stay motivated to read this summer while earning great prizes! Here’s the list of Greenville’s summer reading programs!
Movies and Music in Greenville, SC
Greenville usually is full of local parks and businesses offering free and very low-cost summertime entertainment.
- Here’s our list of free outdoor movies in Greenville.
- Here’s where you can catch a drive-in movie near Greenville this summer.
- Here’s where you can catch some Free Live Music in Greenville this summer.
Summer camps are abundant in Greenville and there are many camps to choose in Greenville this summer. Find our huge Guide to Summer Camp here. You can sort this massive guide by categories including camp topic/theme, location, length, age groups, and more!
Summertime is a great time for unique date nights, or days! Here’s a list of things to do for a summertime date in Greenville, SC.
On a budget? Here’s a list of summertime dates that cost $0!
Go to the Beach!
Favorite Beaches Near Greenville
Greenville is just a few hours’ drive from a number of great beaches. Some beaches are touristy, some are more remote, some have great family amenities nearby. Here are 21+ beaches in the Southeast beaches that worth traveling to!
Or, try these Mountain Beaches in the Upstate. They are all within 2 hours of Greenville.
What do you plan to do this summer around Greenville?
This is wonderful, thank you! Unfortunately, Greenville is a bit of a drive for us from Cowpens. Do you happen to know of a similar list for Spartanburg? Thanks in advance!