Fall Break for Greenville County School District students is here! Several organizations in the Upstate offer camps, events, farm festivals, and drop-in childcare during these student breaks- all the things Greenville parents need for these days the kids are off from school.
The 2022 Greenville County School calendar does not have an official Fall Break listed for 2022. However, there are Teacher Professional Development days Monday, October 17th, 2022, and Monday, November 7th, 2022 plus Tuesday, November 8th, 2022 for Election Day, when Greenville County School District students will have off of school. You can find more information on the 2022 GCS Student Calendar.
Working parents need somewhere safe and fun for their kids to go over the fall break school holiday, whether it’s a special camp or just a few hours at a childcare center. And other times, parents want to take the opportunity to enjoy the time off with their kids and do things outside of the home. We can help with any of those scenarios.
To get you started, here are our Things to Do in October list. It’s full of fun, family things to do throughout the month of October.
2022 Fall Break Camps in Greenville
YMCA Fall Break Camps
Offers full-day fall break camp for K5 – 8th graders at the following locations:
- Caine Halter Family Y
- Eastside Family Y
- George I. Theisen Family YMCA
- YMCA Program Center
$50/ full day for Y members | $65/ full day for the community
$25/half day for Y members | $45/half day for the community
South Carolina Children’s Theatre
- Games and activities are designed to keep students engaged and entertained with exercises and activities used in regular session classes – exploring group problem solving, being seen and heard in front of an audience, areas of the stage, and character development, etc.
- These classes are meant to engage the child in a group environment but are also to allow the parent some guilt-free time to get their own work/appointments done.
- These classes are more general and aren’t themed per day, but will allow for a range of ages/interests and may also include craft time.
$50 per day / per child
Register: Teacher Workday Workshop | K4-5th
Dates: October 17th, November 7th, and November 8th, 2022
Time: 9 am-3 pm each day
- Themed activities for children aged preschool through 5th grade. The theme for the November 7th and November 8th, 2022 break is ‘Swingin’ Safari’, where children will explore ecosystems, create animal-themed crafts, and even enjoy a visit from the Greenville Zoo.
- Children will enjoy breakfast, morning snacks, lunch, and afternoon snacks while at World Explorers.
$75 per day/ per child
Register: School Break Camp | Preschool-5th
Dates: November 7th, November 8th, 2022
Time: 8 am – 3:30 pm
Climb @ Blue Ridge
$75 per child, includes both days
Register: Rock the Vote Mini Climbing Camp
Dates: Monday Nomber 7th and Tuesday November 8th
Time: 12 pm to 4 pm
Things to do During Fall Break
Head to Denver Downs for tons of fall fun – swing from the rafters, ride the cow train, wander through the corn maze, jump on the jumping pillow, and play on the ropes course. The list is endless.
Take a fall day trip at any of these places for less than $25/family.
Fly through the air or climb obstacle courses at Flying Rabbit Adventures, just five minutes from downtown Greenville.
Pick a pumpkin from one of these pumpkin patches.
Find your way through a corn maze.
Take a drive to see the gorgeous leaves changing colors.
Pack and picnic and head to one of these SC State Parks
Visit the Greenville Zoo.
Play some mini-golf at Take-Off Mini Golf.
Take a hike in the mountains.
Visit the SC Botanical Gardens and take in the fall foliage.
Take a day trip to Western NC, only an hour from Greenville!
Try one of these 5 fall family fun driving routes.
Find a new park in Greenville to enjoy with our Greenville Parks & Playgrounds Guide.
Looking for more fall fun? Here’s our HUGE Fall Guide to Things to Do in Upstate, SC.
Local Drop-In Childcare Centers
If you need a few hours here and there for childcare, consider one of these drop-in-style childcare facilities.
Giggles Drop-In Childcare
10 W Lewis Plaza, Greenville
3620 Pelham Road, Greenville
21 Orchard Park Drive, Greenville