Are you searching for a daycare near Greenville? We’ve compiled our brand new Daycare Guide to put all your options into one handy place! Our guide covers daycares in Spartanburg Greenville and surrounding towns like Taylors, Simpsonville, Mauldin, Duncan and Greer. In this guide you’ll find everything from full-time daycare for infants to after-school daycare for kids up to 12 years old! Plus some great tips to help you find the right daycare for your family!
- Looking for more after school options for your children? Check out our Guide to After School Care in Greenville
- If you are looking for preschool options for your child, see our Ultimate Guide to Preschools in Greenville
Disclaimer: This list is intended for informational purposes and none of the contents should be considered a specific recommendation or endorsement from Kidding Around or its staff. All advertisements are marked “sponsored.”
4 Tips for Choosing Quality Child Care
We know selecting child care can be a difficult and stressful task. Derek Lewis, the director of Greenville County First Steps, shared some tips with Kidding Around.
Take a tour: Nothing is more important than taking a tour of the facility. Visit when kids are in class. Walk around the classroom. Talk with the teachers. Ask if you can bring your child back and let him get a feel for it. Just like test-driving a car, you really need to get a good feeling for what a typical day is like.
Talk with the director/owner: Who is in charge? Do they strike you as someone who is calm, rational, and even keeled—or is this someone who panics when things get rough. Every day something unexpected happens in a center. Flexible directors handle stress well, and don’t pass that stress onto the staff or students.
Introduce your child to the teachers: Do they talk to your child? Do they seem comfortable with children and adults? Do they seem nurturing or controlling? Do they talk to you about what you should NOT do, or do they talk to you about what you child WILL do?
Ask some tough questions. Come prepared to ask some hard questions, and expect them to be answered:
- Does your center have any current DSS violations? What was the last violation your center had? There are very few centers with NO history of violations. It isn’t the violations that concern me; it’s how long it takes for them to resolve them.
- Does your center have staff certified in First Aid and CPR? Describe the last time an emergency medical service was called? Again, accidents happen, the bigger question is how did they deal with the accident?
- What professional development opportunities are provided for you and your staff? Typically, staff receive 15-20 hours/year of professional development. Who provides it, what does it look like?
- Does your center have an ABC rating? (This is the voluntary rating system that DSS uses to assess and improve centers) If so, what is your rating? And if not, why not?
- How long has your director/classroom teacher been in place? Turnover is high in this industry, that’s normal, but if everyone has turned over in the past 16 months then it could lead to instability for you or our child.
- Is it secure? Are there cameras? Can people walk in off the street, or is there a locked door? Some centers have 24/7 video surveillance that parents can monitor from home/work. This helps ensure the teachers know someone is watching them at all times.
Day Care Options Near Greenville
Here’s our list of day care options near Greenville. If you know of another option we should include, please share it with us in the comments! You can navigate this list using the buttons in the orange table of contents box or simply scroll through the list!
Daycare by Type
Daycare by Area
Full-day childcare for infants through pre-kindergarten. Also offering after-school care for kids up to 12 years of age.
Montessori school offering full-time or part-time preschool, kindergarten and after-school care for children 14 months through six years old.
Offering childcare for children 8 weeks old through 8th grade. Also offering after-school care.
Offering full-day childcare for infants through pre-k. Also offering before- and after-school childcare for kids up to 12 years of age.
Full-day childcare for children 6 weeks – 5 years old. Also offers before- and after-school care for kids up to 12 years old.
Offering full-day childcare for children 12 weeks through kindergarten. Also offering after-school childcare for kids up to 12 years old.
Childcare for children 6 weeks through Kindergarten, plus after-school care for kids up to 12 years of age.
Full day childcare for children 6 weeks through 4 years of age.
Offers programs for infants through K4.
Offers full-day care for children aged 6 weeks through 5 years old.
Offers: Full-day childcare for 6 weeks through 5 years old. Also offers after-school care for kids up to 12 years of age.
Full day childcare for children 6 weeks – 6 years old, including a new full-day kindergarten program.
The Sunshine House
Several locations in the Upstate, SC
Full-time childcare for children 6 weeks through 5 years of age. It also offers after-school care for kids up to 12 years old. Sunshine House has multiple locations in Greenville, Spartanburg, and Anderson including.
Full day childcare program for children 6 weeks through 4 years of age, plus an after-school program.
The after school program offers children aged 5-12 foreign language and culture exploration through the Passport to Adventure Club.
Offers: Daycare services, drop-in childcare services, after-school care, and summer camp programs.
Offers full-day programs for children aged 6 weeks up to 5 years old, along with after-school care and summer programs for children up to 12 years old.
Primrose School of Simpsonville at Five Forks
864.757.1191 2255 Woodruff Road, Simpsonville, SC
Full-day childcare for infants through kindergarten, plus after-school childcare for kids up to 12 years old.
Full-day childcare for infants through four year olds.
Full-day childcare for infants through kindergarten. Also offers after-school care.
Full time childcare for infants through Kindergarten.
Full-day programs are available to residents in the District 5 school district with kids aged 6 weeks through K3.
Offers full-day programs for children aged 6 weeks through grade K5.
Half-day programs are also available for K2 – K5.
Also offers after-school care and summer programs through its affiliate The Village Project.
Margaret Mills Cubbage Child Development Center
864.250.8080 506 S. Pleasantburg Drive, Greenville, SC
Located on the campus of Greenville Technical College, provides full-day care for children aged 6 weeks up to 5 years old.
Offering childcare for children 6 weeks through 5 years old. Also offering after-school care.
Full day childcare for ages 6 week through 12 years. Plus after school care for kids up to 12 years of age.