Were you thinking about going to visit A Dickens of a Christmas in Spartanburg? This unique Victorian Christmas festival has carolers, horse-drawn carriages, a festive holiday market, tree lighting, and so much more this year.
This holiday event is worth the drive from Greenville, or wherever you live in the Upstate!
The 2023 Dickens of a Christmas is December 5th, 2023, from 6 to 9 pm.
For more free holiday fun in Spartanburg, check out our Kidding Around Holiday Guide To Free Fun.
For more holiday fun, check out the Spartanburg Guide to the Holidays. It’s packed with things to do to get you in the holiday spirit.
What is Spartanburg’s A Dickens Of A Christmas?
Have you ever watched A Hallmark channel movie where some fictional town creates an over-the-top Christmas event, complete with costumes?
This is Spartanburg’s A Dickens of a Christmas. Complete with carolers in costume.
Stretching from Little River Coffee Company to Denny’s Corporate Building, Spartanburg’s Main Street comes alive with holiday cheer.
Things To See and Do During This Spartanburg Christmas Event
Local businesses dress their windows with holiday decorations, live people, musicians, and even dancers. You never know what fun surprise you’ll find sitting in the windows of the shops downtown at A Dickens of a Christmas.
Community members will line the streets with fun things for the whole family! Crafts, smores, and more will be offered to guests of the event.
Strolling carolers dressed in Victorian outfits, live nativity scenes, children’s choirs from local schools, and other entertainment is sprinkled throughout downtown during the event.
The best way to experience A Dickens of a Christmas is to park near Little River Coffee Co, and then work your way towards the Denny’s Building where the tree lighting will happen.
Grabbing Dinner or Dessert in Downtown Spartanburg
A MUST HAVE at A Dickens of a Christmas is a cup of Hot Cocoa! Little River Coffee Co is the place to grab cocoa for the kids and a piping hot mocha for the grown-ups. There are often vendors set up throughout the street also.
Being out in the cold in Downtown Spartanburg will probably have you craving a warm bowl of soup. Monsoon Noodle house has soup options that will warm you right up and other delicious dishes if you need something more hearty.
For more downtown options, check out our Spartanburg Dining Guide
Things To Know Before You Go To A Dickens Of A Christmas
- The 2023 Dickens of a Christmas is December 5th, 2023, from 6 to 9 pm
- City managed parking garages are free to use, the night of the event
- Be sure to dress appropriately – it’s often cold and most of the event is outside
- Pets and smoking are not permitted at A Dickens of a Christmas
- Bring cash for vendors attending the event
- Our Driving Routes of Upstate, SC Christmas Light Displays
- Holiday Things to Do in Spartanburg, SC
- Free Holiday Things to Do in Spartanburg
- Parades Near Spartanburg, SC
- Christmas Light Displays Near Greenville, Spartanburg and the Upstate
- Santa Sightings In The Upstate
- Live Nativity Scenes
- Best Christmas Tree Farms
- Holiday Things to Do in Greenville, SC
- Free Things to Do at Christmas in Greenville
- Holiday Things to Do in Pickens, SC