Join the fun at the Upstate Renaissance Faire!
Do you have an unruly bunch you need to keep entertained? Are you looking for a place to take your Lil’ knight in shining armor? Then we have the event for you! The Upstate Renaissance Faire is back for its on September 8th & 9th, 2023 at Greer City Park.
Read on to learn all the Upstate Renaissance Faire details, so your family can get in on the fun!
2023 Upstate Renaissance Faire Event Schedule
If your family could use an escape from reality, there’s no better place than the Upstate Renaissance Faire. The festival, in Greer’s City park, will transport guests back to the time of knights, fair maidens, and sirens who lurk in the sea. The festival will be filled with fun events for the whole family. Don’t forget to plan your day to include a meal of giant turkey legs.
The schedule is totally packed and we will highlight some of what is happening below but you’re going to want to check out the whole schedule.
September 8th, 2023: 5-10 pm
The evening events will include both fairy dancers and fire dancers. There will also be a costume contest, archery, axe throwing, and knights fighting because why not, it’s a Renaissance festival.
September 9th, 2023: 10 am – 8 pm
There will be the Columbia Marionettes show at 11 am and 1 pm. We absolutely loved this show last year. There will also be more fire shows, a dance competition, and knights tournament.
The Kidding Around Ultimate Visitors and Locals Guide to Greer, SC includes a map of parking options in Downtown Greer that will come in handy!
Things to do With Kids during the 2023 Upstate Renaissance Faire
This children’s area will have activities ongoing throughout the day on Saturday from 10 am to 5 pm. All children’s activities will take place in front of City Hall and in the grassy area by the playground equipment. Children’s area festivities will include:
- The Columbia Marionette Company show (11 am & 1 pm)
- Irish Step Dancers
- K-Drum for Kids (Saturday at 1:30 pm)
- Hands-on crafts
- Photo ops with Disney princes and princesses
- Fight a Knight (taking place beside the field where knights are fighting)
New for 2023 is the Quest Experience, which basically puts you into an interactive experience that you can do throughout the Faire. Kids ages 10-15 should be able to complete the quest but anyone is welcome and you can do it individually or with a group.
You can purchase your $15 ticket for the Quest Experience online.
Day Long Activities at the 2023 Upstate Renaissance Faire
This event will have something to keep a grin on everyone’s face. With live jugglers, dancers, signature turkey legs, and more, no one will find themselves bored at the Upstate Renaissance Faire. If your little ones want to dress up in fun garb for the occasion, a stop at Dollar Tree will outfit them for the day.
- Fight a Knight on the Field of Glory
- Roaming Bards / Circus Performers
- Demonstrations of Ancient Arts
- Axe Throwing
- Wrestling/Tomato Throwing
- The Hounds of East Fairhaven
- Reptile Exhibits
- Henna Tattoos / Face Painting
- Role Playing Games in Alchemy Alley
- Candle Making
- Games & Hands-on Activities
- 360 Photo Booth
- Photos with Princesses & Princes
Tips on Attending the Upstate Renaissance Faire
Here are a few tips to help you enjoy the festival!
Look at the schedule beforehand so you know what’s happening when you go and so that you don’t miss something you really wanted to see.
- No pets – leave dogs/cats/goats at home.
- Strollers are fine. The festival takes place at Greer City Park and there is plenty of room for strollers.
- While the festival is free to attend, some of the things to do cost money so just be prepared with cash/credit cards to buy or do whatever your heart desires.
- Feel free to dress in your finest garb. It’s so much fun to see what people wear or wear cool medieval clothing yourself!
- Look at the parking map before you go so you know where to park your steed, uh, car.
Didn’t get enough medieval fun at the 2023 Upstate Renaissance Faire? The Renaissance Festive in Charlotte is a month-and-a-half-long celebration you should check out!