Spring Break is the perfect time to have some fun and explore Spartanburg. We’ve rounded up over 100 family-friendly things to do in Spartanburg this spring break. Spring Break for Spartanburg school districts is April 3-7, 2023. With this list, your kids will have no reason to say they are bored!
Spring break will be here before you know it! If you are looking for ways to keep the kids entertained while they are out of school for spring break you have come to the right place! We have put together this giant list of options. Use this list as a planning tool and keep us in the loop by tagging us in all your fun Spring Break photos with #kiddingaroundspartanburg.
Spartanburg Spring Break Camps
There are several single-day, half-day, and full-day spring break camps. Check out Spartanburg Spring Break Camps.
Free Things to Do in Spartanburg
- Visit some of our favorite Spartanburg Parks – 3 Amazing Parks in Boiling Springs, Happy Hollow, and Cleveland Park
- Spartanburg County Public Library hosts FREE events for kids, tweens, teens, and all ages happening virtually.
- Sparkle City Mini Golf
- Downtown Spartanburg. Here’s What to Do in Downtown Spartanburg.
- Go on an Artbulb Scavenger Hunt
- Play frisbee at Barnet Park
- Explore Cottonwood Trail
- Fly a kite
- Ride a bike on the Mary Black Rail Trail
- Volunteer with Kids – See our guide to Kid-Friendly Volunteer Ideas in Spartanburg
- Don’t forget to check out our list of 20+ Free (or Cheap) Things to Do In Spartanburg!
Places to Go During Spring Break in Spartanburg
- Go Roller Skating at One of the skating rinks near Spartanburg.
- Go Bowling at Paradise Lanes.
- Spend some time at Hot Spot Skate Park
- Mountain Bike at Vic Bailey Subaru Bike Park.
- Paint pottery at Hearts of Clay
- If you have little ones, visit the TCMU Spartanburg location
- Check out the Hub City Railroad Museum
- Spend some time at Hatcher Gardens and these other gardens near Spartanburg
- Take advantage of the many things to do at Croft State Park
- Learn something new at Spartanburg Science Center
- Visit Cowpens National Battlefield
- Visit Musgrove Mill State Historic Site and hike through a Revolutionary War battlefield.
- Get physical at Big Air Trampoline Park
- Have some fun at Speed Factory Indoor Karting and Big E in Gaffney
Things to Do in Nearby Greenville
Greenville has other options for spring break fun. Check out 120+ Things to do on Spring Break Near Greenville, SC for tons of ideas! Here are a few of our favorites:
- The Children’s Museum of the Upstate
- Frankie’s Fun Park
- Flying Rabbit Aventure (Aerial Ropes Course)
- Greenville Zoo
- Upcountry History Museum
- See 100 Free or Really Cheap Things to Do in Greenville
Places to Visit that are Worth the Drive
- Visit one of these Day Trip Worthy Towns in the Upstate, and spend less time in the car and more time exploring!
- Take a day trip to Chimney Rock.
- Charlotte’s got a lot, and it is only a little more than an hour’s drive. Choose a day to check out one of the following: Speedpark at Concord Mills, Discovery Place, or Great Wolf Lodge. Nearby is York County, SC which is full of fun things to do.
- Check out some excellent hiking and mountain biking trails in Cabarrus County, NC.
- Head towards the Western North Carolina mountains and you have your choice of the Biltmore, Western North Carolina Nature Center, Hands-On Children’s Museum in Hendersonville, Carl Sandburg Home, Mountain Play Lodge, and waterfalls galore.
- A trip to Atlanta can include Georgia Aquarium, Coke Museum, and Medieval Times.
- Travel through Georgia to these family-friendly adventures!
- Check out one of the many zoos, aquariums, and nature centers near the Upstate.
- If you are traveling to Charleston, we have family guides to Charleston!
- Take the short drive to Columbia to visit Riverbanks Zoo and Botanical Gardens, EdVenture, and the SC State Museum.
- Spring break is also a great time to schedule some college visits.
Fun Places to Dine with Kids
With the kids home all week, this is the perfect time to take advantage of the Kids Eat Free or Cheap in Spartanburg. Also, here are some of the places to take your kids to eat while school is out:
- Fr8 Yard
- Hunt for the best ice cream around town and be sure to check out some of the newest options like Rocky Moo.
- Enjoy Downtown Deli and Donuts
- Eat and play games at Chuck E Cheese or Fuddruckers
- Where to Find the Best Pizza in Town
What’s your plan for entertaining the kids during Spring Break?