Looking for family-friendly celebrations and Memorial Day events? Greenville, SC has several that honor and celebrate the military members in our family and community who have passed. Most people also have a long weekend to enjoy and will be looking for things to do near Greenville, SC this Memorial Day. Our list includes ceremonies and salutes, plus fairs, family events, and fun things to do.
Ceremonies, Remembrances, and Memorial Day Events: Greenville, SC
- Palmetto Heroes Hike – Saturday, May 27th, 2023 at 7 am
Bon Secours Wellness Arena, 650 N Academy Street, Greenville
This inaugural event will honor our fallen first responders and military service members. Profits will benefit nonprofits serving first responders, the military, and veterans. Participants can choose a 12 or 6 mile hike along the Swamp Rabbit Trail and celebrate with an after-party at the arena. Registration is $50 and an after-party only pass is $25.
- Memorial Day at 13 Stripes – Monday, May 29th, 2023
250 Mill Street, Taylors
Join the folks at 13 Stripes as they remember and honor service members who passed while serving in the United States Armed Forces. The taproom will be open and serving a special Memorial Day Red Lager, a special re-release in tribute to LCpl. Nicholas S. O’Brien of the US Marine Corps. A portion of the proceeds will go to Upstate Warrior Solution.
- CLOSEST MEMORIAL DAY PARADE: Memorial Day Parade in Aiken – Saturday, May 27th, 2023 @ 10 am, Downtown Aiken, SC
This parade is in Aiken, SC, which is about two hours from Greenville.
- City of Mauldin Memorial Day Ceremony– Monday, May 29th, 2023 @ 11 am.
Mauldin Veterans Memorial on East Butler Road, Mauldin, SC
There will be a ceremony, with remarks from Mayor Terry Merritt, and president of the Upstate Warrior Solution, Charlie Hall, who will speak. All are welcome to attend.
- Memorial Day Ceremony – May 29th, 2023 at 11 am
110 Academy Street, Simpsonville
There will be a ceremony at the Simpsonville Arts Center that will include keynote speaker Douglas J. Greenlaw.
Weekend of Memorial Day Events: Greenville, SC Area
- Greenville Scottish Parade – Friday, May 26th, 2023 at 6 pm
- Gallabrae – Saturday, May 27th, 2023 starting at 9:30 am
Furman University, Greenville
The Greenville Scottish Games is the heart of Gallabrae and includes heavy athletic competition, piping and drumming, and lots of fun!
Tickets are $20 in advance, $25 at the gate for ages 13+, and $10/ages 5-12.
- Group Therapy Family Deal – Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, May 27-29, 2023
Group Therapy, Greenville
All families can play any available game for $40 all weekend. Pick axe throwing, mini golf, ice curling, or ping pong and the whole crew can play for $40 for one game. FINE PRINT: 6 people or less to participate per game all day Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.
- The Fair at Heritage Park – May 19th through May 28th, 2023
861 Southeast Main Street, Simpsonville
Enjoy all the rides and food of the county fair, plus a visit from the animals of Eudora Farms Exotic Petting Zoo. See the link for hours.
Ages 10 and under Free / Ages 11 + $10 / Free Parking; Ride tickets are $1.25 each. $20 for 21 tickets. $50 for 55, $100 for 120.
- Jocassee Lake Tours – Saturday, May 27th, 2023 at 10 am and 6:30 pm, Sunday, May 28th at 10 am and 2:30 pm, Monday, May 29th, 2023 at 10 am.
Devils Fork State Park, Salem
Enjoy the beauty of the Jocassee Gorges plus see waterfalls – and jump in the water – during this fun and educational boat tour for both kids and adults.
Prices range from $60 and up.
- Take Flight 5K – Saturday, May 27th, 2023, 7:30 – 9:30 am
21 Airport Road Extension, Greenville
Register for the only day of the year when you get to run/walk on the runway of the busiest airport in the State of South Carolina. The morning will start by honoring veterans with a Memorial Day Ceremony, followed by the flattest 5K in the Upstate. Pets are not allowed.
Registration cost: 1 mile: $15; 5K: $35
Memorial Day Weekend Day Trips
- Memorial Day at Stone Mountain Park – Friday, May 26th to Monday, May 29th, 2023
1000 Robert E. Lee Blvd Stone Mountain, GA
Enjoy a day of adventure on family-friendly attractions like Dinosaur Explore, Summit Skyride, Scenic Railroad, and more during Memorial Day Weekend at Stone Mountain Park. Complete the evening with a special salute to the troops and epic fireworks all four nights of the holiday weekend.
Attractions Passes are $39.95 for adults or $34.95 for children aged 3-11. | Lasershow tickets start at $5/person | Vehicle entry to the park is $20 for a one-day permit or $40 for an annual permit.
- Memorial Day Weekend at Lake Lure – Friday, May 26th – Monday, May 29th, 2023
2724 Memorial Hwy, Lake Lure NC
Join the Town of Lake Lure as they honor and celebrate Memorial Day Weekend with live music, cookouts, a golf tournament on Monday, May 29th, 2023, and more.
- Saturday Night Lights at the Tryon International Equestrian Center on Saturday from 6-10 pm. Enjoy an evening of lots of free activities for kids including magicians, a carousel ride, games, and horse jumping competitions.
- Carowinds near Charlotte, NC is offering free admission for military personnel during Memorial Day Weekend from May 26th- 29th, 2023. Friends and family can receive discounted rates as well.
Everyday Fun You Can Enjoy Memorial Day Weekend In The Upstate
- If you want to get wet in natural surroundings, check out our list of 20+ Swimming Holes Near Greenville.
- Greenville Rec waterparks all open on Memorial Day Weekend. Read our reviews of 7th Inning Waterpark, Discovery Island, and Otter Creek to see which one is right for your family.
- For water adventures, try kayaking or paddleboarding (either bring your own or rent one) at any of these area lakes.
- Go whitewater rafting in the Smokies or on the Chattooga River on the SC/GA border.
- You can go creek stomping at local watering holes, or check out tubing places not far from Greenville.
- If hiking is your favorite activity during some time off, try any one of these hiking trails.
- Take a day trip to one of these sandy mountain beaches.
- Spend the weekend with a trip to enjoy the ocean at one of these family-friendly beaches.
- Rent a boat on Lake Jocassee and tour the waterfalls.
- Explore our State Parks and work on that Ultimate Outsider title!
- Fly through the air on zip lines and ropes courses at Flying Rabbit Adventures in Greenville or Upstate Zipline at Keowee-Toxaway State Park.
What is your family planning for Memorial Day Weekend?
Visit Our Events Calendar for More Happenings Around Greenville, SC