Looking for things to do on Memorial Day Weekend near Greenville, SC? Most people will have a long weekend to enjoy and will be looking for things to do near Greenville, SC this Memorial Day. Kidding Around has rounded up all the ways to honor and celebrate the military members in our family who have passed this Memorial Day. Our list includes ceremonies and salutes, plus fairs, family events, and fun things to do.
Memorial Day Ceremonies and Remembrances In The Greenville, SC Area
- Palmetto Heroes Hike – Saturday, May 28th at 7 am
Bon Secours Wellness Arena, 650 N Academy Street, Greenville
This inaugural event will honor our fallen first responders and military service members. Profits will benefit nonprofits serving first responders, the military, and veterans. Participants can choose a 12 or 6 mile hike along the Swamp Rabbit Trail and celebrate with an after party at the arena. Registration is $50 and an after-party only pass is $25.
- Memorial Day Ceremony – Monday, May 30th from 11 am – Noon
110 Academy Street, Simpsonville
- Memorial Day at 13 Stripes – Monday, May 30th from Noon – 6 pm
250 Mill Street, Taylors
Join the folks at 13 Stripes as they remember and honor service members who passed while serving in the United States Armed Forces. The taproom will be open and serving a special Fallen Hero Bombardier (Madeira BA Imperial Red Ale) beer release.
- CLOSEST MEMORIAL DAY PARADE: Memorial Day Parade in Aiken – Saturday, May 28th @ 10 am
Laurens St SW & Park Ave SW Aiken SC
This parade is in Aikin, SC, which is about two hours from Greenville.
Memorial Day Weekend Activities in the Greenville, SC Area
- Greenville Scottish Parade – Friday, May 27th at 6 pm
- Gallabrae – Saturday, May 28th starting at 9:30 am
Furman University, Greenville
The Greenville Scottish Games is the heart of Gallabrae and includes heavy athletic competition, piping and drumming, and lots of fun!
Tickets are $20 in advance, $25 at the gate for ages 13+, and $10/ages 5-12.
- The Fair at Heritage Park – May 20th through May 29th
861 Southeast Main Street, Simpsonville
Enjoy all the rides and food of the county fair, plus a visit from the animals of Eudora Farms Drive-Thru Safari.
See link for hours.
Ages 10 and under Free / Ages 11 + $7 / Free Parking; Ride tickets are $1.25 each. $20 for 21 tickets. $50 for 55, $100 for 120.
- Jocassee Lake Tours – Saturday, May 28th at 10 am and Sunday, May 29th at 2:30 pm
Devils Fork State Park, Salem
Enjoy the beauty of the Jocassee Gorges plus see waterfalls – and jump in the water – during this fun and educational boat tour for both kids and adults.
Saturday: Ages 4+ – $60, kids three and under are free with an adult ticket
Sunday: Ages 4+ – $50, kids three and under are free with an adult ticket
- Take Flight 5K – Saturday, May 28th, 7:30 – 9:30 am
21 Airport Road Extension, Greenville
Register for the only day of the year when you get to run/walk on the runway of the busiest airport in the State of South Carolina. The morning will start by honoring veterans with a Memorial Day Ceremony, followed by the flattest 5K in the Upstate.
Kids mile – $12 / Military – $22.50 / Adults – $27.50
Memorial Day Weekend Day Trips
- Memorial Day at Stone Mountain Park – Friday, May 27th to Monday, May 30th
1000 Robert E. Lee Blvd Stone Mountain, GA
Enjoy a day of adventure on family-friendly attractions like Dinosaur Explore, Summit Skyride, Scenic Railroad, and more during Memorial Day Weekend at Stone Mountain Park. Complete the evening with the Lasershow Spectacular, followed by a special salute to the troops and epic fireworks all four nights of the holiday weekend.
Attractions Passes are $34.95 for adults or $29.95 for children age 3-11. | Lasershow tickets start at $10/person | Vehicle entry to the park is $20 for a one-day permit or $40 for an annual permit.
- Memorial Day Service at Lake Lure – Monday, May 31st @ 9 am
2724 Memorial Hwy, Lake Lure NC
Join the Town of Lake Lure as they honor the sacrifices of the military with a ceremony at the Veterans Memorial.
- Saturday Night Lights at the Tryon International Equestrian Center on Saturday from 5-10 pm. Enjoy an evening of lots of free activities for kids including magicians, a carousel ride, games, and horse jumping competitions.
- Visit Justus Orchards – they are opening up early this season with a produce market, apple slushies, and apple fritters plus their big playground for kids.
Everyday Fun You Can Enjoy Memorial Day Weekend In The Upstate
- If you want to get wet in natural surroundings, check out our list of 20+ Swimming Holes Near Greenville.
- For water adventures, try kayaking (either bring your own or rent one) at any of these area lakes.
- Go whitewater rafting in the Smokies or on the Chattooga River on the SC/GA border.
- You can go creek stomping at local watering holes, or check out tubing places not far from Greenville.
- If hiking is your favorite activity during some time off, try any one of these hiking trails.
- Take a day trip to one of these sandy mountain beaches.
- Spend the weekend with a trip to enjoy the ocean at one of these family-friendly beaches.
- Rent a boat on Lake Jocassee and tour the waterfalls.
- Explore our State Parks and work on that Ultimate Outsider title!
- Fly through the air on zip lines and ropes courses at Flying Rabbit Adventures in Greenville
What is your family planning for Memorial Day Weekend?