Looking for things to do this summer in Spartanburg, SC? The sun is shining and the kids are ready to play. No need to fear! We have compiled all you need to enjoy summer from start to finish.
Looking for summer-only events? We’ve got them! Want to find ways to entertain your kids outdoors or indoors? We’ve got them! Need ideas for day trips or summer vacations? We’ve got them! Want to save money while having fun? We have tons of ideas!
Here’s your guide to summer in Spartanburg! Wear sunscreen! Stay safe! And, have fun!
Cool Off in Spartanburg
If you prefer to do your swimming in a natural setting, check out our Guide to Swimming Holes in the Upstate! You’ll find lakes, creeks, and waterfall pools that are great for wading and swimming!
Free Things to Do this Summer in Spartanburg
Free fun is always welcome and there is a lot to be had in Spartanburg. Don’t miss 50 Free (or Cheap) Things to Do This Summer Near Spartanburg. This list of ideas for free fun includes scavenger hunts, hikes, music events, museums, and more. Also don’t miss Sparkle City Mini-Putt, free mini-golf in downtown Spartanburg!
Also, kids bowl free through the Kids Bowl Free program at participating bowling alleys. Don’t miss the free fun!
Summer Camps in Spartanburg
Kids can learn about almost any topic in Spartanburg area summer camps. For great free fun, check out the VBS programs offered by local Spartanburg churches.
- The Ultimate Upstate Summer Camp Guide – Here’s a huge list of summer camps in Spartanburg. Sort them by topic, age and more to find the perfect camp for your kiddos!
- VBS programs – Area churches open their doors for Vacation Bible School Programs to local children for free (or really cheap). We’ll be updating our list of VBS programs soon!
In addition to Memorial Day and 4th of July, there are plenty of exciting events that only happen during the summer. The following are things you can only enjoy while school is out for summer:
- Watch free Outdoor Movies in Greer City Park this summer!
- Library Summer Reading Program Each year Spartanburg County Public Libraries hosts a free summer reading program that includes a calendar full of events for kids, tweens, teens, and adults.
Embrace the sunshine by heading outdoors this summer! We are so lucky to live in such a beautiful location that makes exploring outdoors a reality. To help you get started on your outdoor ventures, here are some ideas:
- You Must Venture to These Best Outdoor Spaces in Spartanburg
- The Ultimate Guide to Outdoor Fun in Spartanburg
- Visit a Garden Near Spartanburg
- Explore Cottonwood Trail
- Hike Rainbow Falls in Jones Gap
- Experience history at Musgrove Mill State Historic Site
If summer storms or heat waves make going outdoors unbearable, we’ve also got you covered with the Ultimate Guide to Things to Do Indoors in Spartanburg.
Visit a Park
Summer is also a great time to visit new parks! By checking out the following reviews from our team, you will find out which parks offer shade (or splash pads) from the blistering heat and which ones to avoid in the middle of a hot summer day.
Discover all of Spartanburg’s Parks in our Upstate, SC Park Guide. Use the guide to sort parks by location and features to find the perfect place to play!
- Five Spartanburg Parks Your Kids Will Beg Not to Leave
- Barnet Park Splash Pad
- Tyger River Park Has One of the Biggest Playgrounds in the Upstate
- Three Boiling Springs Parks Your Kids Will Love
- Happy Hollow Park
- Cleveland Park
Eat Some Treats
If you are looking for a fun, cheap outing with the family check out this Summer Sweet Treat Bucket List for Spartanburg.
More Ways to Have Fun
If you need even more ideas for summer fun, we’ve got you covered! These last ideas are sure to fill up the days and keep you and your kids busy between May and September.
What’s on your to-do list this summer?