Stressing about soaking up the very last of summer break and need ideas of things to do with your family in or near Greenville, SC? We’ve got the perfect summer break bucket list for you!
If the last couple weeks of summer break have snuck up on you and you’re blanking on ideas of things to do with your kids that haven’t yet done or just need some places to make those memories before sending kids back to school, we’ve put together some ideas for you based on cost (because budgeting matters, right?).
Ready to transition to Fall? Here’s over 30 things to do this fall near Greenvile, SC.
Last of Summer Break Bucket List
Free/Cheap Things to Do
All of these suggestions will be either totally free or cheap, under $5/person.
- Fairy Trail at Bullington Gardens in Hendersonville, SC
- Visiting a splash pad – Unity Park, Tyger River, Fountain Inn, Kid Venture 2.0, and others.
- Jumping in a natural swimming hole
- Visit a new playground
- Finish out Park Hop
- Go apple picking
- Check out an old pre-Civil War tunnel at Stumphouse Tunnel
- Go tubing for free at Dolly Cooper Park
- Check out free library events
- Get some ice cream
- Get ice cream and pet animals at Famoda Farm
- Go to a $2 summer movie
- Play with goats at the Carl Sandburg Home
- Swim at Lake Jocassee at Devils Fork State Park on Tuesdays when entry is free
- Learn about rocks and minerals at the Bob Campbell Geology Museum
Things to do $5-$12/person
All of these things are a little more per person, from $5 up to $12.
- Play at a Greenville water park
- Play old school games at the Upstate Pinball Museum
- Visit The Children’s Museum of the Upstate
- Take the kids to The Big E in Gaffney for movies and arcades
- Swim and play at the beach at Lake Lure
- Learn all about the forest at the Cradle of Forestry in Pisgah Forest (and visit nearby waterfalls and Sliding Rock!)
- Rent a kayak or paddleboard at Sesqui State Park
- Play miniature golf at Takeoff Mini-Golf at Runway Park
Things to do for $12+/person
These fun adventures are a little more costly per person but also fun!
- Go on a horseback trail ride at Eden Farms
- Test your Wipeout skills at Splash Island at the Big Water Marina & Campground
- Or your Ninja skills at Aqua Zone at The Shores of Asbury
- Become a wild child with a Jocassee Wild Child boat tour
- Rent a kayak or pontoon boat from Eclectic Sun at Lake Jocassee
- Go river tubing (some places like the Green River and Deep Creek are less than $12/person)
- Fly through the air at Flying Rabbit Adventures at Holland Park in Greenville
What are your end of summer plans with your family?
Looking for more fun? Here’s your ultimate list of things to do in the summer near Greenville, SC.