Looking for things to do in Easley, SC? Or a new a place to explore? Don’t want to travel too far? We’ve got recommendations no matter your preference when it comes to adventure near Easley.
The town of Easley is just 15 minutes from downtown Greenville, and if you haven’t made time to explore this cute little town, here’s your chance. We’ve separated the recommendations by season, with plans to update them as new and exciting things get completed around town.
Looking for more fun in the area? Check out Kidding Around’s Guide To Pickens,SC.
A Warm Weather Day in Easley
- Wake up early and head to the Saluda Outdoor Center. Formerly The Saluda Yacht Club, the outfitter is under new ownership and exciting things are happening! Kidding Around’s Kristina recently went out with SUP State and had a blast paddling the Saluda River. You can read all about her Paddleboard Adventure with SUP State. The Outdoor Center also offers tubing and is in the process of building glamping cabins on the river.
- After an adventure on the river, you’ll have worked up an appetite! Head to one of my “top taco-eating destinations” in Greenville that has recently expanded to Easley. Papi’s Tacos offers up authentic Mexican Street food, along with a few local favorites that regulars to the Saturday Market in Greenville love.
- My favorite place to eat in Easley is Tropical Burger (207 NE Main Street). The burgers and fries are amazing. I’ll plan a day trip in that area just to eat there.
- Spend some time at one of the many parks and playgrounds in Easley!
- Explore Nalley Brown Nature Park
- Check out the paves Doodle Trail for biking, running, or walking!
A Cool Weather Day in Easley
- Once the weather is cooler, activities that don’t include water seem more appropriate. The 8.4 mile Doodle rail trail, is something that my kids and I recently discovered, and they keep begging to go back. It connects Easley with Pickens County and is not nearly as busy as the Swamp Rabbit Trail, which lends itself to social distancing. You can bring the bikes or just walk it. We like to park at the Doodle Park and hop on the trail there because it has a clean restroom facility.
- If no one needs a nap after the trail, then everyone can be rewarded with some ice cream from one of our reader’s top picks for grabbing a milkshake in the Upstate. Good Karma ice cream serves up 32 flavors of ice cream for an almost infinite possibility for milkshake flavor combos!
- Now that you’ve no doubt stuffed yourself with a delicious milkshake, it’s time to walk it off by looking for the Trains on Main in Downtown Easley.
Kids Play & Cafe is a big indoor play area for little kids through about age 12. And they’ve also got a coffee shop right inside so, big win for us parents.
Also, depending on the time of year, the massive Book Warehouse Outlet opens up the warehouse on certain weekends for sales. They’ve got more than one million books, puzzles, games, crafts, and tons more, all brand new and all at 70% off the cover price.
Or if you want to try your hand at rock climbing, ProjectROCK is a huge indoor rock climbing facility. All levels of climbers are welcome!
Other Things to Do In Easley
There are more new and exciting things happening in the Easley area, like The Silos. This multipurpose venue will include a several restaurants, and a brewery.